Monday 29 July 2013

Backward to forward

30 November 2012


This week I had the opportunity to meet a man who had a huge impact on my journey into faith and my early journey as a musician and worship leader. I was at a songwriter’s event and met Paul Oakley (Because of You, There is a Voice That Must Be Heard and It’s All About You Jesus). He was leading worship in the youth meetings at Stoneleigh Bible Week in 1996 where God broke into my life and changed me forever. In fact, I was not just changed – I received a new life, I was born again. I’d love to tell you that I have been the perfect Christian ever since then, but I’m afraid that I have not always lived the life that God desires. The amazing thing is that He has never given up on me, and whether you like it or not, the same is true for you! It is almost too good to believe, and though we often fail to understand it, this is the truth as revealed in scripture. Whatever happened yesterday, or even 50 years ago, God has good plans for your future. If we can be driven by Christ’s love, overflow with love and realise that faith / just / works, as we have talked about over the past few weeks, then God’s Kingdom will be established in even greater measure in Aberystwyth.

No comments:

Post a Comment