Monday 29 July 2013

Changing the World

9 December 2012

This morning’s service has been put together and presented by the wonderful students that are a part of the family here at Elim Aberystwyth. Whilst I was helping the musicians and singers prepare on Thursday evening, I was reminded again what a privilege is to be involved in the lives of these young men and women. Students have come from all over the globe to this fantastic town to gain academic success. I sincerely believe, however, that they will leave with something far more important – A greater understanding of their identity and destiny in Christ. During my time at University, the church I went to took a big risk and entrusted me with great responsibility and opportunity. I know that if we can do the same for our students, not only will we enjoy the benefits and fruits now, we can also help to release them into their incredible futures. If you sow an encouraging word in the ear, or a tasty Sunday lunch in stomach of a student today, you could be investing in the life of tomorrow’s world changing politicians and leaders.

No comments:

Post a Comment