Monday 29 July 2013

Wait a minute! by Cass Pridmore

17 February 2013


There are so many things that I could write about this week from looking at the news. From the horse meat scandal to the Pope stepping down. All MASSIVE things that are important for us as Christians to pray into and to stand out ground if the time comes.

However, for me it has been a week to take stock of my life. It is so easy to go from week to week, trudging like treacle through the same routines… Getting up, going to work, cleaning, washing, sorting meals, doing dishes, watching telly and going to bed. On and on life goes with a glimmer of escapism every now and again in the means of an episode of ‘Call the Midwife’ or a shopping trip to Next. (MOTD or Question Time might be your thing)

A busy life ticks on well enough… we are all busy being busy.

However, we have been called, we have a purpose. As I see my children grow and change before my very eyes, I have come to the realisation that time really does fly. Set yourself some goals this week…book you prayer slots with your Heavenly Father in your diary. Bake that cake for your neighbour that you’ve been meaning to do. Start that Bible Study that you’ve been meaning to do for years. Catch hold of the hopes and dreams from your youth and start to run with them. Most of all take some time to be still and enjoy God!

Psalm 46:10 “Be still, and know that I am God.
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!”

No comments:

Post a Comment